What is a VIRTUAL event?
A virtual event is an event that is broadcast online. Camp Sweeney’s Play for the Day 2020 is a virtual event that will take place on Memorial Day, May 25th, 2020, from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
Play for the Day 2020 will feature:
- Live broadcasts from Camp Sweeney
- Special reporting from Lake Highlands and other areas
- Camper highlights and interviews
- Sweeney 5 Band
- Interactive activities
How do I tune in?
On Memorial Day go to www.campsweeney.org/5k/live
You will also be able to comment and participate through Facebook Live.
What is the Event Schedule or Run-of-Show?
Our broadcast will be packed with lots of F~U~N including Sweeney senior highlights, a virtual run, and even a Sweeney 5 concert! The entire broadcast will run roughly 2 hours and 30 minutes and will be separated into the following 3 segments:
Segment 1 – Intro Block – Featuring…
– Event Welcome with Dr. Ernie Fernandez
– Memorial Moment
– Race Warm Up
– Senior and camper testimonials
Segment 2 – Race – Get out and run or stay tuned in for…
– The Dynamic Duhe Duo 5K run at Camp Sweeney
– A look at the Lake Highlands area and community where this race is traditionally held
– The Rainford Runners take on the race and share about their support of this event through the years
Segment 3 – Post-race – After you finish up your FUN Run, join us for the conclusion of the event including…
– A Sweeney 5 Concert
– Zoom get-togethers for campers and families
– Consolidation and Closing Program
Each segment will also include testimonials from seniors and families that hosted PFC Life this year as well as a few thank you’s for our sponsors and others that made this event possible.
Can I submit a photo of myself running or a screenshot of my 5K time to include in the broadcast?
Yes! We encourage you to run ahead of time and submit a photo of yourself running or getting ready to run by clicking here. We will include as many photos as possible in our Play for the Day Broadcast on May 25.
Who may participate?
Everyone! Whether you are a camper or a friend of Camp Sweeney and want to enjoy Memorial Day together, all are welcome!
What is the cost?
There is no cost to create a team, join a team, or sign up as an individual.
But you can win team prizes depending on how much you donate or raise.
What is this event for? Who does it benefit?
- Camp Sweeney’s Play for the Day raises awareness for childhood diabetes and T1D.
- The net proceeds help provide funds for summer and year round Camp Sweeney programs and for camper financial aid.
- Play for the Day is a great way to kick off the summer and the Sweeney summer programs.
- And it’s a great day for fellowship and F-U-N!
How do I become a sponsor?
That’s easy. Just click here.
How do I upload a photo or logo to my team page?
When you sign up you will be able to upload your photo directly. If you are having some issues uploading it, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your team name and we will get it uploaded for you.
How can I make changes to my Team Name or Team Page?
You can send changes to email@example.com. Be sure to include your current Team Name. changes will generally be made within a few hours if received during business hours.
What kind of prizes could I win?
Play for the Day Team/Individual Prizes
Prize A – $50 in pledges/donations
- Event shirt
Prize B – $250 in pledges/donations
- Prize A
- Condorman Tee
Prize C – $750 in pledges/donations
- Prize A + Prize B
- Sweeney Tee
Prize D – $1,500 in pledges/donations
- Prize A + Prize B + Prize C
- Sweeney Fleece Jacket
- Broadcast spotlight (if secured by May 18th)
Prizes awarded as supplies last.